Thursday, August 6, 2009

Trinidad

As is typical, many flights into Guyana land in Trinidad. Since I was going to be here, I wanted to take a quick run out to Chaguaramas to visit friends I hadn't seen since I left back in 2006.

I went by David Morand's capentry shop, wandered around Power Boats and Peakes, saying hello to old friends. Most importantly, I got to see Chicky. It brought back great memories, standing at her vendor stand eating the great sanwiches she always prepares.

It was funny when we drove up. At first, I had forgotten where her stand was...so, I thought she was not there. Then, I spied her just down the road (where she has always been). I told the driver to drive right up to her table. I wnated to jump out and surprise her....welllll, the surprise wa on me. Chicky came around the car a greeted me with a great big hug just as I got out of the cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment